Once a breakthrough and exciting technology used by very few due to expense, LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting has now become a thoroughly researched and advanced technology making its way into our everyday lives due to efficiency and relative cost. So, why is this technology casting such a bright light on our future? Here’s how making the choice to go-LED can be the best choice you make in 2018.
- A brighter future for Planet Earth
By making the switch to LED lighting, you can use energy up to 90% more efficiently than you currently are. Fluorescent lights WASTE 95% of their energy (yes, you read that correctly!) via heat and external energies, leaving only 5% of the energy being used for its main purpose: light. On the other hand, LED lights only lose 5% of imputed energy to heat, while using the 95% for what you actually want. LED lights also use much less power to fulfill the same purpose, meaning you can swap out your 84-watt fluorescent for a 36-watt LED bulb and still get the same amount of light.
- A brighter future for your pocket
While the bulbs themselves may be slightly more of an investment than your average lighting choice, LED is no longer the unaffordable futuristic technology it once was, and you will soon see the return on this investment in more ways than one. It goes without saying that the less energy you are using for your lighting, the lower your energy bills are going to be, not to mention LED bulbs last up to six times longer than your average bulb!
- A brighter future for YOU!
When the sun is shining, it puts a smile on your face; when they sky is burning with the sunset, everybody is in awe. Good lighting makes the world a happy place, so why not bring that to your home or workplace too? LED lights focus light all in one direction and provide a better quality of light, meaning for a happier, safer, and more productive environment – whether that be at home, in the workplace or outdoors. And, on-top of everything, the versatility offered by LED bulbs is incomparable – there is a bulb to brighten every corner!
Seems like common sense, right? No more excuses to wait. Kick off 2018 right and get started by checking out OEO’s Warehouse/Industrial, Office/Indoor and Outdoor options to start saving a pretty penny this year and many years to come.